Sunday, February 13, 2011

OMG ... OMG ... OMG ... Blakely's Baby Shower Cake

THIS.IS.PAINFUL!  But, it's like a Band-Aid ... I'm just going to post it, and hope the pain is fast (AKA - I'm hoping it gets buried and no one ever, ever, ever sees this.)


So, my BFF in the entire world (Hey, Beth!) was having her 2nd baby girl in November 2009.  I, of course, couldn't wait to throw her baby shower.  I obsessed over it for weeks, planned every little detail, and decided that I (I!) would make her the cutest cake ever.  (OMG ... I'm getting butterflies.  Maybe I won't post this after all.)


Picture this ... a beautiful 2-tiered cake, covered in pink fondant, with a pretty fondant bow on top.  How hard could that be, right?  (Seriously ... I think I'm going to stop now.)


WWEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ... here's how it turned out (OMG ... I can't do this.)




Here's a closer look ...




Do you see all those fingerprints?  The awkward bow?  The tilting tiers?  OMG ... I can't believe I let people see that.  I knew it wasn't spectacular at the time, but I didn't realize how BAD it really was.


The upside?  Well, it tasted wonderful.  The bottom tier was a tropical pound cake and the top was red velvet.  I guess I can't speak for the red velvet because I wasn't a fan of red velvet, BUT, the tropical pound cake was YUMMY! 


(OK ... going to get more wine ... This Band-Aid really WAS painful.)

No comments:

Post a Comment