Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Kennedy ... TWICE!!!

My friend, Nicki's daughter turned one in January, and they had TWO parties to celebrate.  The first weekend was for friends and the next weekend was for family.  Both parties had a princess theme.

I made cupcakes for the first party.  I tried to make a chocolate tiara to place on each cupcake, but they were so fragile, and many broke - including the elaborate one I made for Kennedy's smash cake.  I was so upset!  We still put tiaras on as many cupcakes as possible. 




These cupcakes were Mixed Berry Cupcakes with Lemon Curd and Cream Cheese Frosting and Boston Creme Pie Cakes.

The next weekend, Nicki asked for a cake with a chocolate tiara on top and a smash cake for Kennedy.  She asked for Vanilla Bean Cake with Chocolate Pastry Cream and Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting.  (YUMMY!  ... Sounds like Neapolitan ice cream to me!)




It was cute to watch Kennedy eat her cake.  She was very dainty at first, but finally got into it!  I hope she had fun at her family party!

No comments:

Post a Comment