Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Baby Kate!!

I cannot believe that my baby girl, Katherine is already two years old.  Even though she's not a baby anymore, she will always be my Baby Kate.


Kate's birthday is right around Thanksgiving, and so things are always a little crazy at that time.  This year, I had a full house for Thanksgiving.  My mom, sister, brother-in-law, 2 nephews, cousin, her husband, and their 2 boys joined us.  In case you're wondering, that made 7 adults, 2 tweens, 4 kids, and 2 dogs.  It was SO MUCH fun.  My kids and my nephews play so well together.  We spent Thanksgiving evening playing cards ... just like we used to do growing up.  Ahhh ... I miss that.  The day AFTER Thanksgiving, my cousin and her family went back home, and my other side of the family showed up.  THAT.WAS.CRAZY, but very fun.  We had 13 adults, 2 tweens, and 5 kids.  I LOVED having everyone here.


Wait, what was I talking about again?  Oh, yeah Kate's birthday.  Of course, Kate's birthday party was the day AFTER the 2nd get together.  Yep ... that means 3 parties in 3 days.  Luckily, I made all the gum paste flowers in advance.  I just had to make and decorate the cake. 


Kate is OBSESSED with Tinkerbell.  I mean, Tinkerbell is obsessed with Tinkerbell.  (She insists that we call her Tinkerbell.)  I wanted to try making gum paste flowers, so I took that opportunity.  Here's how it turned out:








It looks a bit busy in the pictures, but it was stunning in person.  Kate and her friends all dressed up as fairies.  It was a cute little party.




I love you Baby Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment