Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fast Forward 6 Months

What did I do between October 2009 - April 2010?  Hmmm ... Well, I was still working A LOT and raising a 3-year-old and 1-year-old.  So, you can understand why I don't remember those months AT. ALL.  I think I had some cupcakes in there.  I know at some point I PERFECTED a wonderful chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting recipe.  I also made birthday cupcakes for my daughter, my son, and a cake for Beth's daughter Brooklyn.  I'm sure I have pictures somewhere, but they're nothing to blog about. 


Then, on Easter I took a cute cake (Nope, no pictures!) to my friend Nicki's house.  Our friend Bree was there, and she mentioned that she needed a cake for a friend's (or maybe a friend of a friend's) bridal shower.  She gave me the picture, and asked me to recreate it. 


Amazingly, I did it!  Here is the original photo - they wanted a larger version of these minis:




Here's what I made:




There were a few deviations from the original, but all-in-all, it was pretty close.  I was thrilled with how this cake turned out!  I hope they were too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment