Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday Coley Oley!!

My little man is getting so big.  I cannot believe he's FOUR YEARS OLD.  Four just seems so old to me.


By the time Cole's birthday rolled around, I was exhausted.  I had 2 Thanksgivings, Kate's birthday party, Christmas & all that goes with it, THEN Cole's birthday.  Yep ... both of my kids are born around a major holiday.  UGH! 


Instead of planning a party at my house, I scheduled a party at a local play zone called Plaza Fiesta.  This was probably my BEST.DECISION.EVER!  I didn't have to do a thing, NOT a thing ... except, bring the cake.  YAY!!!  I highly recommend this place for birthday parties.  They handled everything and it went so smoothly.


By now, Cole had caught on that I made nice cakes.  So, he said he wanted a Spiderman head.  WHAT!?  Who do you think I am?  Cake Boss?  I can't make a Spiderman head out of cake!  Well, I did a little research and found instructions on a blog (I don't remember where right now, but I promise I will link to it as soon as I find it). 


The result was amazing!  He loved it!  Here is a picture of his reaction:




Here are more pictures of the cake:








Just to clear up any confusion ... the head was Styrofoam and the shoulders was cake.  It was a white cake with chocolate filling ... I think.  Oh, I don't remember. 

I LOVED that I could make him so happy.  I love you Cole!

No comments:

Post a Comment