Friday, March 25, 2011

Luck of the Irish

I'm not Irish, but I do consider myself very lucky to work with Caryn.  She contacted me to make TWO cakes in March. The first was for her Irish husband on St. Patrick's Day.  Poor Bob ... everyone always forgets that he's Irish, since the rest of the family is Italian.  So, they make sure to celebrate his heritage on St. Patrick's Day.

I emailed Caryn a few ideas, and she chose my favorite option.  I was SO EXCITED!!!!  It was a shamrock with a rainbow & pot of gold.

Here's how it turned out:


A close up of the rainbow & coins



Caryn said everyone oohed & awed over the cake, and that it was delicious.  It was a Vanilla Bean Cake with Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting.  


1 comment:

  1. Awesome cake! From the first picture, I thought the rainbow was flat, which was cool, but I was blown away when I saw the other photos that it was free standing! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete