Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wedding Shower Cake

Remember when I said that Caryn ordered 2 cakes in March?  The second one was just as much fun as the St. Patty's Day Cake.  This cake was a bridal shower cake for Emily, a woman in her office.  Now, I'm pretty used to making kids' cakes and airplane cakes these days, so I was more than ready to show my girliness (is that a word?) on this cake.  



The bottom tier was Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake with a White Chocolate Frosting and the top tier was Vanilla Bean Cake with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting.  Both tiers were covered in white fondant and had a black satin ribbon around the base.  A large pink gumpaste flower was offset on the front.  Here's a closer look at that.


The top of the cake said Showers of Happiness Emily


I loved how this cake looked overall, and Caryn said the staff LOVED the cake.  That's all I can ask for.



No comments:

Post a Comment