Monday, March 7, 2011

Out of This World

Do you know why I LOVE it when Theresa calls?  Because she's going to ask me to do a cake.  Not just any cake ... a spectacular cake.  Of course, she starts by saying, "I just need a small 8-inch round cake for my sister-in-law's birthday."  Followed by, "She's a pilot, she flies all over the world, and she loves chocolate.  Did I mention she's a pilot?"  (blah, blah, blah ... more stuff about her SIL, but I was only partly listening because my mind was already coming up with an idea.)  Then, she finishes with, "Can I get this by tomorrow afternoon?"

SURE!!!!!!!  Luckily, I didn't have any other orders that weekend, so I was able to squeeze her in.

So, my idea was an 8-inch round Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake (seriously people, if you haven't tried this, you HAVE TO!!) with a chocolate mousse filling and a ganache frosting.  But I can't just hand Theresa a basic 8-inch chocolate cake.  OH NO ... not when her SIL is a pilot!!!  I decided to put a half circle cake on top of the 8-inch and draw the world with colored White Chocolate Buttercream.  I also thought there needed to be a fondant plane up in the sky.

Here's how it turned out:




Word on Facebook is that Tanya loved the cake ... I sure hope so!!!  Happy Birthday Tanya!





No comments:

Post a Comment