Monday, May 9, 2011

Minnie Mouse Birthday Cake

We had so much fun celebrating Sydney's 2nd birthday on Saturday.

You know how we moms ALWAYS start out planning the kids' birthday parties as a little get-together in the back yard on the cheap, and end up dropping the better part of a paycheck to make sure our kids remember their special day?  Well, my friend Kara did that, too.  I'm not complaining ... my kids totally LOVED the princess bounce house, and I LOVED that they slept well that night.  She has a perfect backyard for a kid party!  Actually, my kids think she has a perfect backyard for every day.

I've never made a cake for Kara, so I wanted to make sure it was perfect.  That, and I was more than *a little* afraid she would go all Long Island Crazy on me if she didn't like it.  Of course I'm (kind of) joking because she was so easy-going during the planning process.  Luckily (for me!) she was super sweet about the cake.




I have to admit, I totally stole the design from KarolynAndrea on cakecentral.com.  I didn't make too many changes because why change something that's already perfect?

Sydney was so cute at her party.  She was a little overwhelmed with everyone there ... playing with her swing set.  The wind didn't let her blow out her own candles, but at least she liked the cake!



No comments:

Post a Comment