Sunday, May 8, 2011

Beth's 30th Birthday

My BFF, Beth officially became an "old lady" and joined the rest of us in our THIRTIES!  That's OK ... we don't feel a day over 21.  That's a lie... we usually do feel older than 21.  But on nights when The Mamas get out of the house, we still feel 21, and we celebrated her birthday like we were 21!

OK, so remember the fire truck cake I made for my friend Katie's son Will?  Remember the "calendar malfunction"?  It wouldn't have been so stressful if it hadn't happened on the SAME DAY as Beth's 30th birthday party.

Here's how my day turned out:
Worked on the fire truck cake all night (slept for ~ 2 hours), woke up, worked on the fire truck cake for another 4 1/2 hours, delivered Will's cake.  By the time I got back home, it was 1:00 and I only had 4 1/2 hours to ice and decorate her cake.  YIKES!!!!

I don't know how I did it, but I finished that cake ... including making a HUGE red flower for the front.

Next came the fun part - delivering the cake while Beth & Chad were at dinner.  Chad rented a party bus for the evening, and everyone was meeting at their house for cake prior to departing.  I was running late (of course) so we BARELY finished before Beth & Chad got home.  It was so close that we passed them about 1/2 mile away from their house.

Here's what Beth saw when she returned home:


I hate how the fondant on the top tier is creased, but I literally finished it minutes before we had to leave.  Here's a closeup of the flower:


This cake had awesome flavor combinations - Almond Amaretto Cake with White Chocolate Buttercream, Red Velvet Cake with Marshamallow Cream Cheese Frosting, and Pina Colada Cake with Rum Buttercream.

After gobbling down the cake, we left for a FUN night on the party bus.


Beth cutting the cake


Beth & Chad


Fun on the party bus!  I'm pretty sure this was early in the evening.  It was a different story on the way home.

It was such a fun party!!!!  I can't wait act 21 again ... soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment